Yoast is growing rapidly, and because of that we’re looking for a freelance support engineer. Yoast has launched its service on Shopify as well and we are looking for an experienced expansion of the team. So experience with Shopify support is a big benefit, next to WordPress of course.
What we're looking for
You're experienced in customer support, and love doing it. Helping people is your second nature and you're well aware that not everyone is as skilled as you are. Your goal in every conversation is to help the customer reach their goal. Besides, it is important that you process the question or request the first time right. Even if this requires research and learning on your side. You realize that you're the face of Yoast, and know that people love smiling faces. You can express your smile in your written communication because that's what you'll be doing at Yoast. You've got an eye for detail. Information that's well hidden between sentences doesn't stay hidden for you, and you care about every dot and comma in your replies and interactions.
- Fluent in English (proficiency level 4 / C1, or up).
- Preferably experience with providing support on Shopify
- Experienced in supporting WordPress users.
- Preferably, you also have experience with other content management systems.
- You can work with GitHub, Jira, Confluence, and HelpScout, or are willing to learn.
- You've got basic technical skills. FTP, 301 redirect, plugin and SEO sound at least familiar.
- You're not afraid to ask colleagues for advice in a (slack) channel.
- You're available on Saturday and Sunday, and at least one evening during the week.
- You're available on weekdays during your training period (approx. 4 weeks).
- Availability to cover US time-zone.
Email and chat support. You'll be answering questions over email and chat, using a system called Help Scout (it's actually pretty awesome). You'll also have access to our knowledge base, internal support channel on Slack, GitHub/Jira, and testing environment. Of course, you'll be paid a decent hourly rate, we'll try our best to teach you everything we know and you've got the best colleagues. You'll find yourself in a friendly, slightly competitive environment, where customer satisfaction and personal growth are key.
What we're offering
- A chance to work on some of the most-used web software in the world, currently used by more than 12 million websites!
- Of course: a competitive hourly rate.
- A young, fast-growing company that wants to seize opportunities with you.
- A pleasant, challenging, and innovative work atmosphere.
- An opportunity to learn a lot and learn it fast in one of the leading SEO companies.
- You'll join a team of skilled, experienced, and most importantly, passionate colleagues.
- Stand-ups to improve communication and give team members feedback on their work.
Are you interested? Please send us your application! Note: only applications with a cover letter will be considered. The application process consists of three, maybe four, parts: an introductory job interview, one or two practical interviews, and a final meeting. These steps might take place on multiple days. A social media screening might be part of the procedure.
At Yoast, we optimize websites. Not just one aspect of websites, but every aspect. We make websites more usable, easier to navigate, faster and more reliable. In other words: we make websites work. For the owner and the visitor. The added bonus is that if you do all that right, a website becomes easier to find too. Read all about Yoast »