What you will learn in this webinar
Every month, our SEO experts Jono Alderson and Joost de Valk will talk you through:
- The most important SEO updates from Google, WordPress and other platforms;
- What to prioritize for your business as they share their views on the news;
- Relevant best practices to help you outrank your competitors;
- Extra: Ask SEO related questions and get answers during the Q&A from our experts.
This webinar took place on October 19, 2021. Watch the replay above or read the recap right here!
Topics discussed in this webinar
Timestamps indicate when the topic comes up in the recording
- 0:24 – New features in Google search
- 7:06 – Google Reader defunct, but you can ‘follow’ RSS feeds
- 8:18 – New help docs for SEO titles and descriptions
- 9:49 – Search On ’21
- 10:24 – MUM updates and new features
- 14:18 – AI is making information more useful
- 15:20 – New ways to shop on Google
- 17:31 – Search tools for evaluating information
- 18:35 – IndexNow instant indexing
- 22:49 – Holiday season searches starting earlier
- 24:00 – First look at Twenty Twenty-Two
- 25:06 – Web font API coming to WordPress?
- 26:08 – WordPress Performance Team
Other tech news
- 27:40 – Aira Women in Tech SEO report
- 29:12 – Facebook Outage
- 30:14 – ByteDance (TikTok) taking on Alibaba and Amazon
- 31:43 – Yoast SEO 17.3: SEO workout improvements
- 32:22 – Yoast News SEO: new schema types added
- 32:41 – Yoast x Semrush Keyword Research Workshop
- 34:31 – Q&A
Starring this webinar
Joost de Valk
Joost is the founder and Chief Product Officer at Yoast. He spends most of his time at Yoast working on Yoast SEO and its add-ons. As Chief Product Officer he makes sure the roadmap for all our products is managed.
Jono is a digital strategist, marketing technologist, and full stack developer. He’s into technical SEO, emerging technologies, and brand strategy.
P.S. Haven’t tried our free Yoast SEO plugin for WordPress yet? Click here to check it out!