How to migrate from All in one SEO to Yoast SEO
You’ve decided to migrate from All In One SEO Pack to our Yoast SEO plugin. We hope you’ll love Yoast SEO! But, we understand that it may be scary to take the big leap. Luckily, it’s actually fairly easy to migrate from your SEO plugin with the Yoast SEO import tool. You won’t have to rewrite the title or description for any of your posts. You can just import them!
Migrating from All in one SEO to Yoast SEO
To migrate from All in one SEO to Yoast SEO follow these steps:
- Deactivate All in one SEO.
You can do that by going to the Plugins screen, and locating the plugin. Then, hover your mouse over it to reveal the options, and click Deactivate.
- Create a backup of your site
If you are not sure how to do this, take a look at the article – How to create a backup for your WordPress site.
- Go to the SEO menu item, and select Tools.
The Tools screen will open.
- Click on the Import and Export link.
The Import and Export settings will open.
- Select the Import from other SEO plugins tab.
The tab options will be revealed.
- Since you should have already created the backup, move on to importing your data from All in one SEO by clicking the Import button.
The time it takes to do the import depends on the amount of data you have. Once the importing is done you will see a notification on the top of the screen.
- Go to a Post or Page and check if your data is imported.
For example, check if your focus keyphrase is there. Also, click the Google Preview button and check if your SEO title and meta description are in order.
- Do the Yoast SEO configuration workout.
If you need help in this process, go to the page on how to configure Yoast SEO with the configuration workout.
- Once you’ve checked that everything is working properly, click the Clean button.
When the plugin cleans up the data, you will receive a notification on the top of the screen.
Start using Yoast SEO!
Now that you successfully migrated to Yoast SEO, you can start using its amazing features. Not sure where to start? Check out the information in these blogs: