How to migrate from The SEO Framework to Yoast SEO
Migrating from one to another SEO plugin can be stressful, as you may worry that you will lose valuable data. In this post, we explain how to migrate from the The SEO Framework plugin to Yoast SEO safely. Going through the steps described below will let you keep your SEO data such as keyphrases, meta descriptions, and SEO titles.
Migrating from The SEO Framework to Yoast SEO
To migrate from The SEO Framework to Yoast SEO follow these steps:
- Deactivate The SEO Framework.
You can do that by going to the Plugins screen, and locating the plugin. Then, hover your mouse over it to reveal the options, and click Deactivate.
- Create a backup of your site.
If you are not sure how to do this, take a look at the article – How to create a backup for your WordPress site.
- Go to the SEO menu item, and select Tools.
The Tools screen will open.
- Click on the Import and Export link.
The Import and Export settings will open.
- Select the Import from other SEO plugins tab.
The tab options will be revealed.
- Since you should have already created the backup, move on to importing your data from The SEO Framework by clicking the Import button.
The time it takes to do the import depends on the amount of data you have. Once the importing is done you will see a notification on the top of the screen.
- Go to a Post or Page and check if your data is imported.
For example, check if your focus keyphrase is there. Also, click the Google Preview button and check if your SEO title and meta description are in order.
- Run the Yoast SEO configuration wizard.
If you need help in this process, watch the video on how to configure Yoast SEO with the configuration wizard.
- Once you’ve checked that everything is working properly, click the Clean button.
When the plugin cleans up the data, you will receive a notification on the top of the screen.
Want to learn more on how to get started with Yoast SEO?
We have a lot of articles on the Yoast blog that can help you in your SEO journey. To start with, you can check out these ones: