Free WordPress block editor training
- Learn how to create amazing content with the WordPress block editor
- Find out how to easily switch from the classic editor to the block editor
- Plus: learn all about the future of project Gutenberg
WordPress block editor training
- Learn all about creating content with the block editor
- Find out how to switch to the block editor
- Learn how to optimize your content for search engines
- Easy access through MyYoast and Yoast SEO academy
Yoast SEO Premium + Academy
- Unlock access to all Yoast SEO academy courses
- Also includes the Yoast SEO Premium plugin
- Learn to do SEO yourself
- Improve your rankings right away
Already know about how to work with the WordPress block editor but don’t know how to get your content ranked high in the search results? Check out our Yoast SEO academy Premium subscription and learn about all the key SEO aspects, like keyword research, SEO copywriting and technical SEO.
Learn how to create block-tastic content
Chances are you’ve heard about the new WordPress editor: the block editor. This new block editor brings a completely different approach to creating content in the form of blocks. In this free Block editor course, you’ll learn exactly how to use these blocks to their fullest potential. Using practical screencasts and assignments, we’ll guide you through the process of creating a well-designed blog post with the block editor. Furthermore, you’ll hear what’s projected for the future of project Gutenberg – the project the block editor is part of – so you’ll be prepared for the incredibly exciting developments in the WordPress world.
After this free training…
- you’ll know what the block editor is and why you should be using it;
- you’ll be able to use the block editor – you’ll know how to add, move, group, transform, reuse and edit blocks;
- you’ll be able to publish a post using the block editor;
- you’ll know how to add more blocks – and thus functionalities – to the block editor;
- you’ll know what you should pay attention to when transitioning from the classic editor;
- you’ll know everything about the future of the block editor – or project Gutenberg, like the goal of the project and the plans that have been announced.
How is the course set up?
The Block editor training is a hands-on and practical training course that consists of three modules. In the first module, you’ll learn what the block editor is, why it was created, and why you should be using it.
Then, in the second module, you’ll learn how to use the block editor: how to add, move, transform, group, reuse, and edit blocks. What’s more, you’ll learn how to publish a post using the block editor and how to add more blocks – and thus: functionalities – to the block editor.
In the third and final module, you’ll learn how to switch from the classic editor to the new block editor and what you should pay attention to when transitioning. You’ll also learn everything about the future of the block editor – or project Gutenberg, like the goal of the project and the plans that have been announced.
Check out our other free courses too!
Currently, we offer the following free Yoast SEO academy courses:
- SEO for beginners training
Learn the basics of SEO and get quick wins to make your site rank higher.
- Yoast SEO for WordPress plugin training
Learn about how to set up and use the Yoast SEO for WordPress plugin so it makes SEO even easier.
- WordPress for beginners training
Learn the ins and outs of creating and maintaining a WordPress website.
- Block editor training
Learn how to create awesome content with the new WordPress block editor.
- Structured data for beginners training
Learn how to get attention-grabbing rich results that stand out in the search results!
Want to become an SEO expert?
Our free courses are just the tip of the iceberg. Yoast SEO Premium helps you optimize all aspects of SEO. We cover all important SEO topics to get your site sky-high in the search results, like keyword research, SEO copywriting, site structure, technical SEO and structured data.
What’s included in this free Block editor training?
You get unlimited access to all of this course content, for free:
- 2 hours of instructional videos, sliced into 16 bite-sized clips
- PDF files so you can easily check the tips again while working on your website
- quizzes and practical assignments to train what you’ve learned
- a cheat sheet with block editor vocabulary
Do you want to learn how to make your content rank high in the search results? Check out Yoast SEO Premium to learn all about keyword research, SEO copywriting, structured data, and more!
Who teaches this training?
All content for this course is created by the SEO and WordPress experts at Yoast:
- they’re the creators of the #1 SEO plugin for WordPress worldwide;
- combined, they have over a 100 years of WordPress experience;
- companies such as Facebook, eBay, and The Guardian rely on Yoast for their SEO strategies
- you’ll also get access to videos by Joost de Valk, founder of Yoast and a renowned authority in SEO, who shares his knowledge on international conferences all year round.
Show off your Block editor skills
Once you’ve finished the training, you’ll get a Yoast certificate and a badge you can display on your website. The badge only appears when you’ve actually completed the course, so not just anyone can use it. Add the certificate to your resume, your LinkedIn profile or use it to get that raise you deserve.
How much time do I need for this free Block editor training?
You can watch all the videos in under 2 hours. Are you new to the block editor and willing to dig in deep? Then you’ll be a block editor expert in 7 to 9 hours. Are you acquainted with some block editor principles? Then obviously, you’ll complete the course faster. You set your own pace for this training. You’ll get unlimited access to the course: take as much time as you like.
Check out our other training courses
Looking for an SEO course? Check out our Yoast SEO Premium + Academy!